The Capella 3 wind turbine is optimised for wind class II.
Its philosophy reflects simplicity and modular design, achieved by passive air cooling and a 12-phase ring generator made of manually replaceable parts.
GOLIATH uses its own innovative Cyclos™ ring generator technology with 94% efficiency.
The Capella 3 at a glance
- 3.33 Megawatt, 109 m rotor diameter, wind class IIA
- lattice tower with 80, 100 and 120 m hub heights
- gearless drive train
- passive air cooling
- redundant power conversion system
- manually replaceable generator windings & magnets
- Cyclos™ generator shippable in standard sea containers
The Capella 3 design corresponds with the Germanischer Lloyd 2010 rules:
"Statement of Compliance for the D-Design Assessment"